Saturday, March 26, 2011

It's KK Twestival 2011 at Kota Kinabalu, Sabah!!! Tweet. Meet. Give Bah!

Attended Twestival Local (Twestival Kota Kinabalu) for the first time on Thursday, 24th March, 2011. It was held in K.K. for the second time since last year and it was a blast as what I've seen in my Twitter timeline, my bloggers  friends' blog posts and photographs!

The audiences does have fun on that night!


This year's Twestival was held in the evening and the event start at 6.00pm. It was an event for fund raising and creating awareness for Sabah Society for the Blind (SSB).

It's an interesting event and people who went for the event were nice and quite down to the earth. Met a few bloggers around town such as Hayden, Dinoza and more that maybe I didn't notice around me. The event was casual, everyone felt warm inside when the event goes on.

Guess what?? KK Twestival 2011 wins USD1,000 for best team photo and will be donating to SSB! They did their part will all the effort they given!


- Me and ShinChan a.k.a Hayden -

Was following his blog since last year and it  interesting and I love it. :) 

Remember my Stompin Post? Didn't knew that we should take photographs together before the event started and promised the next event IS A MUST TO SNAP! Hah! And this was it! (luckily I remembered :P)

He was one of the volunteered photographer for the event. Check out his wonderful photographs here - 


- Amazing Graffiti by Cracko Arts Group -

We arrived at Origin Cafe and Green Olive around 6.00pm and they were painting their graffiti on the wall outside Origin Cafe. The combination of Twitter and Festival = Twestival! D


- The Logo -

Representing Sabah with Mt. Kinabalu and Orang Utan. People throughout the world took photographs and shared through out facebook and other network. From Bangkok, Europe, Hong Kong, America and more!

Tropical Holidays Paradise (the logo with Coconut Tree, Mountain and Sea Turtle) participated in the sponsorship too! *claps claps*


- KK Twestival Stamp -

Not forgotten! The Twitter symbol stamp that will be stamped on to our hand! !



Photographs took by people around the world from Hong Kong, Thailand, Singapore and so much more. They maybe far but their heart still near with Sabah and supportive with charity event! It Rocks right?? Even divers took a photograph with the logo!


- Boutique Cupcakes -

Participated for the fund raising event. Their cakes was good! My elder sister (meatball) bought Cupcake with RM5.00 and Tiramisu Cake cost RM40.00. It's silky smooth!


Twestival KK was live chatted with the worldwide Twestival Community throughout the evening/ night! She was walking here and there to share KK love with the world. :) Lovely right?


- Face Painting -

With a donation of RM5.00 (coupon), I got my first face painting. Twitter Blue Bird and I love it very much, sadly I need to wash it off when I get back home. :( However, I took so much photographs with it. :) Cam whoring. :P


- Sharing Quirky face of Hayden! -

My mom and sister like him and had a good impression as a good person indeed.


- Group Singing -

A happening event will have singing session as a norms.


- Blue Bird -

The blue bird for Twitter and we are supportive enough that we wear blue attires for the event and I'm wearing blue since morning for work.


The Blinds have arrived. Something came to my mind saying that we suppose to learn morals from them, they done their best with the ability even though they are blind. They never give up and we should learn from them!

We are lucky that we are normal and we should make good use of it by doing the best in our life with good deeds!


- Braille Decoding Competition -

Games such as throwing darts with blind folded and braille decoding competition were two of the programs. Both of the games were trying to let us to have an experience living in the dark and all we need to do were by touching and feeling items and listening to the environments.


Cassie and Rica from Hitz.FM K. K. were the emcee of the event after I left the event and Cassie was my Netball teammate during secondary school! No wonder she looks familiar, until I read her profile. :P

People attended the event were for the fund raising. We drink and I did with a cup of Champagne of RM5.00 (coupon), we eat, we enjoyed ourself in a closed area. Around 200 people or more were there when it was getting late. Chloe (my younger sister, the ambassador of KK Twestival) had tones of fun with the crews and audiences throughout the event.


- Slurp It Up -

One of the game during the event with volunteers  to slurp the noodles within limited time. And the winner won himself a Polaroid Camera! OMG! I think he had 16 cups of the noodles if I'm not mistaken.

Yea~~ Went home early and we were exhausted during the night especially after work.

Some cam-whore photographs with the face paint !!!


I really love the paint! It's Twitter Blue some more!


It's easily removed by using eye remover and facial remover! No worry.


As promised, the RM30.00 tickets includes snack box and a cup of Watermelon Juice (optional). Special scent and flavour of Vietnamese Cuisine.


- Complementary souvenir and vouchers inside a Goodies Bag for the first 100 customers who redeemed -

Even though I'm not there throughout the event, I did felt the warm and kind feeling when I browse through  my friends' album. 

Great event for sure and I hope I will be there for the next Twestival for more interesting things to see. :)

By the way, the fund raising was successful with a collection of RM22,532.50 and 100% are donated to Sabah Society for the blind! Help the in needs!

8 comments:

  1. Wah!! Write until 2.30 am.. I didnt get any free foods and drinks and also the complementary souvenir... They didnt state that its onli for first 100 customers :S

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehehe :P Wanted to sleep, but .... can't stop until I finish the post.

    Huh?? I didn't knew it oooo~~ Was early that night. Did you enjoy yourself there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wahhh so enjoy hanging out and have fun with the tweetlings... i wish i can be there, dun wanna go to the KLtwestival... so friggin' jam after working hours lor :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i see~~ It's always a next year.

    Book your ticket early for next year Twestival KK la~~~~ Then, it will not be jam! :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks fun! Too bad I'm not in KK at the moment :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup! It's fun during the night! When the event getting high!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the support from all.. and also for letting the group have fun that day... o yeahh... thanks..

    ReplyDelete
  8. :) Nice paintings by Cracko! I like!

    ReplyDelete